Pledge on Privacy
The term "personal data" as used in this Policy refers to information such as your name, birth date, e-mail address or mailing address that can be used to identify you. Lupin will not process your personal data without your consent. In processing your personal data, we pledge to fully comply with internationally recognized standards of privacy protection. In so doing, we ensure compliance by our staff with strict standards of security and confidentiality. The next sections explain how and when we collect personal data from you.
Intended Use of Personal Data
Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require registration. When you register with us, you may need to complete certain fields (some are required and some are optional), as well as choose a user name and password. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any personal data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to your query. Lupin processes personal data for specific and limited purposes, which we inform you about when we ask you for information. For example, we may collect and use personal data to provide you with products or services, to bill you for products and services you request, to market products and services that we think may be if interest to you, or to communicate with you for other purposes. Information you send to our customer service department is used only to help resolve your problem and is otherwise kept private. Lupin keeps your data only for as long as is reasonably needed for such purposes and in accordance with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or documentation retention requirements.
Non-Disclosure of Information
Lupin will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your personal data to third parties outside the Lupin group. However, personal data may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for or on behalf of Lupin, or in connection with the business of Lupin, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the data were originally collected. Where disclosure of personal data to a third party is likely or necessary for whatever reason, Lupin will, wherever possible, endeavor to ensure that the disclosure and intended use of the data are clearly indicated. Such third parties may operate different privacy policies. However, we endeavor to ensure that such third parties provide the same level of protection as Lupin and we will contractually require them to process data transferred only for the purposes expressly authorized by Lupin. We will not share with third parties any data about you that is sensitive (e.g., medical information) in the absence of your prior and explicit consent. Your consent may always be revoked at a later date. If consent is revoked, Lupin may not be able to carry out certain requests made by you. Lupin will, where practicable, inform third parties to whom your data have been transferred of your withdrawal of consent.
Right of Access
You have the right to access and update your personal data or to require their deletion. We endeavor to ensure that personal data are up-to-date, accurate, and complete. If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, please contact the Webmaster. Your requests will be dealt with in a prompt and proper manner. No charge will be levied for complying with a correction request, however, for all other requests Lupin may charge a small fee to cover its costs. Requests to delete personal data will be subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document filing or retention obligations imposed on Lupin.
Security and Confidentiality
To ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data that Lupin collects on-line, Lupin uses data networks protected, inter alia, by industry standard firewall and password protection. Access to personal data is restricted to those employees who have a need to use the data and who have been trained to handle such data properly and observe strict standards of confidentiality. If an employee breaches our policies and procedures, he/she will be disciplined accordingly. Staff compliance with our policies and procedures is regularly audited and reviewed. While we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse or alteration to data, we try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Data Transfer Abroad
Lupin is a global enterprise and has databases in different jurisdictions. Lupin may transfer your data to one of its databases outside your country of domicile. If the level of privacy protection in a country does not comply with recognized international standards, we will ensure that data transfers to Lupin databases in that country are adequately protected and that the transfer of data to third parties in such countries will not occur unless we obtain your express consent to such transfer in advance.
Anonymous Data and "Cookies"
Most of the information that Lupin collects from its website(s) is anonymous information, such as the pages you visit and searches you perform. When you visit our website, we do not collect any personal data from you unless otherwise authorized by you. Anonymous information is processed by Lupin to help improve the contents of the site and to compile aggregate statistics about individuals using our site for internal, market research purposes. In so doing, Lupin may install "cookies" that collect the first level domain name of the user (e.g., "bigmail.com" from an e-mail address of "firstname.lastname@example.org") and the date and time of access. "Cookies" by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A "cookie" is a small piece of information, which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a "cookie," this will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
Lupin does not condone "spamming." Spamming is defined as sending unsolicited e-mails, usually of a commercial nature, in large numbers and repeatedly to individuals with whom the sender has had no previous contact or who have declined to receive such communications. In contrast, where Lupin believes that certain product, health, or other information is of importance to you it reserves the right to inform you by e-mail whilst giving you the choice of opting out of such service.
Personal Information and Children
Lupin will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal data from a minor under the age of 13, without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility (e.g., a parent or guardian) through direct off-line contact. We will provide the parent with (i) notice of the specific types of personal data being collected from the minor, and (ii) the opportunity to object to any further collection, use, or storage of such information.
Links to Other Sites
The information provided on this site is provided for educational purposes and with no guarantee as to its accuracy. Do not use this site as a substitute for medical care or medical advice. Lupin is not engaged in the practice of rendering medical advice, and nothing on this site should be construed as recommending any pharmaceutical product for a particular use. In the case that you have any medical questions or issues, please consult with your physician or other medical care provider.
In no event shall Lupin be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web site or the Information. Lupin reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the Information on the Web site at any time without prior notice.
No license or right, express or implied, is granted to any person under any patent, trademark, trade dress or other proprietary right as a result of use of this website.
INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) encourages companies to disclose forward looking information so that investors can better understand a company's future prospects and make informed investment decisions. Due to changing market conditions, product competition, the nature of product development and regulatory approval processes, the achievement of forward looking statements contained in the Methergine Web site are subject to risks and uncertainties. For a fuller discussion of any issues relating to Lupin or its corporate affiliates, please see either the Lupin Pharmaceuticals or Lupin Limited websites. A link from this Web site to a non-Lupin Web site does not constitute an endorsement of the products or services offered by that or any other non-Lupin Web site.
- SUPRAX® (cefixime) is a cephalosporin antibacterial drug indicated in the treatment of adults and pediatric patients six months of age or older with the following infections when caused by susceptible isolates of the designated bacteria: Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections; Otitis Media; Pharyngitis and Tonsillitis; Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Bronchitis; Uncomplicated Gonorrhea (cervical/urethral).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
SUPRAX should only be used to treat infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by bacteria.
- SUPRAX (cefixime) is contraindicated in patients with known allergy to cefixime or other cephalosporins.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Hypersensitivity reaction: Anaphylactic/anaphylactoid reactions (including shock and fatalities) have been reported with the use of cefixime. Before therapy with SUPRAX is instituted, careful inquiry should be made to determine whether the patient has had previous hypersensitivity reactions to cephalosporins, penicillins, or other drugs. Discontinue use if a reaction occurs.
- Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea: Evaluate if diarrhea occurs.
- Dose Adjustment in Renal Impairment: The dose of SUPRAX should be adjusted in patients with renal impairment and those undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis.
- Coagulation Effects: Cephalosporins, including SUPRAX, may be associated with a fall in prothrombin activity. Prothrombin time should be monitored in patients at risk and exogenous vitamin K administered as indicated.
- Phenylketonurics: SUPRAX Chewable Tablets contain aspartame, a source of phenylalanine.
- Most common adverse reactions are gastrointestinal such as diarrhea (16%), loose or frequent stools (6%), abdominal pain (3%), nausea (7%), dyspepsia (3%), and flatulence (4%).
- Adverse reactions during postmarketing experience occurred at rates of less than 2%. Some serious adverse reactions included: pseudomembranous colitis, hypersensitivity reactions including Stevens-Johnson syndrome and serum sickness, acute renal failure, seizures, agranulocytosis, and toxic epidermal necrolysis.
- Elevated carbamazepine levels have been reported in postmarketing experience when cefixime is administered concomitantly.
- Increased prothrombin time, with or without clinical bleeding, has been reported when cefixime is administered concomitantly with warfarin and anticoagulants.
- A false positive reaction for ketones and glucose in urine may occur with certain test kits. A false positive direct Coombs test has also been reported.
USE IN SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- Efficacy and safety in infants aged less than six months have not been established.
- Cefixime should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed.
- Consideration should be given to discontinuing nursing temporarily during treatment with cefixime.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088, or contact Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. at 1-800-399-2561.